Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-25-2006, 04:32 PM #1innovative2001Guest
Setting up Perl CGI to work with Windows Server 2003
1) Install ActiveState ActivePerl (http://www.activestate.com) to C:\Perl
2) Load IIS from the Administrative tools in the Control Panel by clicking Start -> Administrative Tools -> IIS Manager (or loading the Control Panel, entering the Administrative Tools folder, and double clicking IIS Manager).
3) Click the name of your computer then click "Web Service Extensions", on the left side of the main frame you will see a green arrow pointing to a link that says "Add a new Web service extension...", click that link.
4) In that window, where it asks for the extension name you can put anything, like "CGI script" and under the "Required Files" section put the following in (without the apostrophes) 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s' click OK to the notification, click "Set status to allowed" and press ok.
5) Now, load up a command prompt (Start->Run... type cmd) and type (without the quotes) "md c:\inetpub\cgi-bin"
6) Back in the IIS Manager right click Default Web Site highlight "New" in the pop-up menu and click "Virtual Directory..." in the new menu
7) Click next to the first dialog in the wizard, then as a the alias put "cgi-bin" and click next then as a path for the next dialog put in "c:\inetpub\cgi-bin". On the next dialog leave everything checked and check execute and click next
8) Click Finish to end the wizard.