Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-18-2006, 12:58 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
Will ou Pay to send Email Through AOL?
Well it seems that's where it is going. AOL, remember those guys that back in the day sold their client emails for what they called advertising, is now planning to charge to send email to their customers.
There is a fairly good article here on it http://www.circleid.com/posts/califo...oodmail_email/
There is also a group here http://www.dearaol.com/ of over 500 groups with public letter asking AOL to reconsider.
What are your thoughts? Will this really cut down on spams and scams? Not sure.
This information is from a link at AOL explaining cost. What they are saying is that this is geared towards bulk mailers, but what the catch is that I think this is a cost per IP.
How Much Will It Cost?
The accreditation application processing fee is regularly $399.00. A special charter price of $199.00 will apply to all applications submitted by July 31, 2006. The accreditation application fee is non-refundable. Please review the Accreditation Criteria before beginning your application.
The application fee is non-refundable, they decide you don’t fit the bill you loose the money.
Now here is the catch. You have to have an IP based in the US or Canada. That will severely hurt legitimate international businesses. Here are some guidelines.
- have at least 1 year of business history, as verified by a commercial identity vendor;
- have business headquarters located in the United States or Canada;
- transmit messages from dedicated IP addresses, even if sending email through an email service provider (ESP);
- if transmitting through an ESP, that ESP must have implemented the Goodmail Imprinter capability for sending CertifiedEmail;
- have a sending history which indicates that their IP addresses register in the top quartile of senders with our ISP partners;
- be able to comply with Goodmail's Acceptable Use and Security Policy and sign a Token Purchase Agreement.
Stopping spam and scams should be a top priority, but after doing a little research on this AOL, stands to make out like a bandit.
Well, how do you see it??█ WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
█ CloudLinux OS - LiteSpeed - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder Pro
█ 24/7 Support - Phone & Help Desk A+ BBB Rating
█ LiteSpeed Powered Servers Daily/Weekly Backups • CPanel/WHM