Results 1 to 3 of 3
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM #1g1c9Guest
Auctioning off spots on web-hosting-top5.com!
I run web-hosting-top5.com, which is an unbiased web host ranking site. (Or appears to be.)
To the point: I would like to try switching from affiliate programs to just auctioning off the listing spots. The top 5 highest bids will recieve listings on the site, in an order where whomever bids the most comes first, with a review you can submit to me as long as it's under a certain word count, which I will decide later.
I will keep 7% of all of the 5 highest bids and then spend the other 93% of the bids on advertising for the site.
If you are wondering why you would want to put your advertising money in my hands rather than just advertising your own site, consider this: People want to sell their products. Consumers know this. When a potential client visits a hosting site they may well be impressed with what they see but rarely will anything they see there appear to be anything more than a sales pitch. If the site the potential clients visit appears to be an unbiased web hosting ranking site, and there is a testimonial that describes your site as the best host out there, then the potential client becomes a little less potential and a little more reality. (This is why lots of ebook sellers pose as third parties and write reviews for their own products! It's a proven method that works!)
If I do not recieve 5 bids that I like, all bids will be above the pre-existing affiliate spots.
I reserve the right to drop this plan at any time, although that would be very unlikely.
Throw some questions at me, place some bids.
Minimum bid: $15
The bidding ends in two weeks.
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Salt Lake City, UT USA
02-15-2006, 03:55 PM #3g1c9Guest
As of now, the site does not recieve any traffic - it has not been advertised recently.
As said before, 93% of the top5 bids will go directly to promoting the site using methods such as goclick. Basically, you decide how much exposure you get out of this by how much you bid.
I can tell you this (from past stats),
1st place gets twice the clicks as
2nd place which gets a little bit more than
3rd place which gets triple the clicks that
4th place and 5th place get.