Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: JSP/Servlet support
01-05-2006, 10:50 AM #1JackulaGuest
I am looking for a hosting company that has been around for awhile and a decent customer database (so that it won't go away any time soon). I need an IP address of your hosting service so that I may check for speeds, if possible I would also like a download test. Below are a list of my 'MUST' requirements:
- Shell Access, must be bash or tcsh, must not be jailshell
- Ability to compile Java applications (some hosts that have shell fork protection will not allow this!)
- Vim enhanced (or better)
- Java 1.5, server software must be configured so it can handle 1.5 generics (see example below)
- Supports JSP/Servlets
- Postgresql 7.3 or better
And my 'WANT' requirements, optional but would tip the favour in your way:
- Some sort of control panel software, CPanel sucks but I can live with it.
- Cost is an issue
- 8 or more domain parking
- A few addon domains would be nice for my other projects
- 30 day money back guarantee or trial
- Some sort of database management software, I like phppgadmin
- Ability to access shell programs psql, wget
- 24/7 email/ticketting support
- At least 200MB storage and 2gig bandwidth, more is always good.
- Spam filters
Below is an example of 1.5 generics, make a file named 'generics.jsp', access it and if it crashes with syntax errors then your tomcat or whatever isn't configured to handle 1.5 generics!
<-- start -->
<%@ page import="java.util.List" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.LinkedList" %>
List testList<String> = new LinkedList<String>();
Double read this and please make me an offer, thanks!
01-13-2006, 09:33 PM #2ApoloGuest
We can provide a service that meet all requirements you mentioned. What's your current budget? Our JSP/Tomcat support plans are not cheap, but they are quite reliable.