Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Website Promotion Mistakes
10-09-2005, 09:45 PM #1hbb786Guest
Website Promotion Mistakes
After creation of website, the vital role to start promote your site and that will increase your sales and traffic. Most of the webmaster, especially beginners starts their website by taking some serious steps to receive thousands of taffic from the next day, So that they are trying to use some illegal ways to promote their website and ultimately their websites may be banned from major search engines. Remember that you should place your site in major search engines every month. Most of the search engines are listed your site within 8 weeks and if not listed after 8 weeks, you can resubmit further. You should not try to spamming like keyword spamming in your content of your website and this will hurt your ranking and may be banned by major search engines.
Some website owners are trying to use the above techniques to receive more traffic quickly but I shall advice you that you should never use these techniques if possible. Remember that search engine ranking is not over-night process and if you follow the following guidelines, then your site will definitely rank in major search engines and ultimately increase sales and targetted traffic.
1. You should never submit your under construction website. This will hurt your ranking as well as bad impression of your visitors and that will affect your sales.
2.Never Spam. When you write content your site, you should not try to keyword spamming, that means, you should not use place unnecessary keywords in your content, this may ultimately banned your site.
3. Many website owners use redirection of his site but it will affect on search engine ranking.
4. Place your site in free directory and you will receive good results for ranking as well as traffic of your site.
5. You should avoid wrong methods of web page optimization. Search Engine rules are always changing and you should keep touch when you will try to optimize your site. Remember that you should not create doorway or pages that will affect your ranking.
6. I would recommend you to increase your page rank but you should not involve in link farms or any auto link exchange programs or site networks.
Search Engines will penalize if you use the techniques. It is better to start link exchange in legal ways and start link exchange in quality sites in your category. If you start link exchange with unrelated category, that will affect your search engine ranking and may be penalize by search engines.
7. You should not prepare site with too much keywords and it is better to use different keywords at different places of your site.
8. You must not include your site in the same IP Address and that will definitely down your PR. Some of the website owners are trying to receive untargetted traffic but this will not help to increase your sales. Try always targetted taffic and search engines can give always give targetted traffic, so that concentrate more with search engines and that will help to increase your more sales and more reliability of your business.
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
HI hbb786 welcome to WHC. Pretty good and informative article. I will move it to the articles section.█ For Reliable and Affordable Web Hosting Packages, Please visit kooshin.com
█ KooshinDesigns.com- Version One Online
█ ArticleStorage.com- Your #1 Resource For Articles
█ 4Ulyrics.com -- The Lyrical Hideout, For Sale - Email me for details.
01-03-2006, 04:09 AM #3freeBB GroupGuest
Thank you for the tips.
04-12-2006, 10:50 AM #4luvilaGuest
Good article. This tips can really help newbies not to make mistakes promoting their sites.