Results 1 to 2 of 2
09-21-2005, 01:01 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
Interview With Dan Riordan of DanEthicalServices.com
Name: Dan Riordan
Country : Ireland
Position : System Admin.
Company: DanEthical Services
Description: DanEthical Services started in May 2005 and provides free
and premium web services such as web hosting, Resellers, Php Message
boards and email accounts.
The servers are located in San Jose, California and guarantee a 99.9% Uptime
1. What inspired you to enter the world of Webhosting?
I was bored. :P Nah. I was into web sites and the internet and have been hanging around web hosting forums etc and liked what was going on. I decided to give it a try and delighted I did.
2. Do you believe the Web hosting business is friendly or more of a cut-throat one?
I think it is friendly. Or at least most of it. Most hosting providers are always willing to help each other out and share ideas etc, but there are those too who don't care about others and see it as a competition.
3. Where would you like to see your Web hosting business ten years down the line?
At the top of Google I hope.
4. There are thousands of Web hosting companies Online
today, what makes your company different? What sets
it out apart from the others.?
My Irish attitude I guess. There is nothing really different from most of the others etc I try my best to make the prices and plans as unique as possible.
5. Which do you believe is more reliable, in-house or
out sourced support?
In-House. I think anyways. This question confuses me.
6. In which area of Web hosting do you believe you
serve your customers the best?
I think in the support areas. I like people and love to help them out the best that I possibly can. I try to be friendly, polite and get to know my clients.
7 . If there was one improvement to your services you
could do which is outside of your financial range
right now, what would it be and why?
I would love to own my own datacenter. I guess because I would have full control over what happens from the actual machine, right up to my clients' sites. It would enable me to improve things massively.
8. Describe the support services that you provide?
At the moment I provide support in a number of way such as message forums, MSN, Google Talk and Email.
9.Where do you see the hosting industry 4-5 years from now?
100% bigger and better. It's a massively growing industry and people are getting involved each and every day.
10. Why did you enter the hosting business?
I liked it, Liked helping people and wanted to provide something to others who need it.
11. What is the best moment of owning a hosting company?
Meeting new clients and of course, watching the business grow.
12. What do you enjoy most about hosting?
Learning new technical stuff such as installing new scripts etc.
13. What do you offer your clients which other people do not?
Nothing really, I suppose being online 18 hours a day and also having the phone by my bed side, I guess I could say I guarantee 24/7 dedicated support.
14. Do you have a partner or any "head" staff member?
Yes. I have a few that help out when they can.
15. What operating system do you use, and prefer?
I use Linux and love it.
16. What control panel do you use and prefer?
cPanel of course. It's brillient.
17. Where do you see your company in five years time?
Hopefully being one of the top preferred.
18. Where is the future of web hosting going?
It will be owned by me.
Thanks to Dan for taking the time to answer our questions.█ For Reliable and Affordable Web Hosting Packages, Please visit kooshin.com
█ KooshinDesigns.com- Version One Online
█ ArticleStorage.com- Your #1 Resource For Articles
█ 4Ulyrics.com -- The Lyrical Hideout, For Sale - Email me for details.
12-05-2015, 06:28 AM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
This is really an interesting interview, Big thanks for your efforts. I think this interviewing idea can be conducted as a podcast. It should be very popular this way because there's no any current podcasts about the webhosting industry.