Results 1 to 3 of 3
10-16-2004, 01:03 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
- Castle Rock, CO
Reinstalling SSL Cert from Verisign
Using Windows 2003 / IIS 6, a new client is moving over. He sent me the original Verisign SSL cert. We tried to create the CSR but it would not accept the Verisign SSL Cert. Is there a way to make IIS accept the Verisign SSL cert? I tried to do it the normal way - generate the CSR, etc, but I am not certain what Organization & Organizational Unit to use.
Someone also asked if I could not just click on it to install it?
I was also told that this should work to export the cert:
1) Go to Start -> Run and enter MMC
2) From the menu bar, select Console -> Add Remove Snap In
3) Click the "Add" button. Select the Certificates snap in, and then click "Add" again
4) Choose the "Computer Account". Click Next.
5) Select "Local Computer" Click Finish.
6) Now click "Close" and then "OK"
7) Now expand the "Certificates" object in the MMC and drill down to Personal -> Certificates.
8) You should see your existing cert. listed. Right click on the cert and go to All Tasks -> Export
9) Choose "Yes, export the private key". Click "Next".
10) At the next screen, leave the default settings and hit "Next"
11) Enter a password to secure the exported cert. Click Next.
12) Enter a file name. The cert will be exported to this file name. Click Next.
13) Click Finish.
Any other ways - unless I can get the old company to export the cert?
10-18-2004, 09:28 AM #2UnitHostingGuest
10-29-2004, 11:46 AM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2003