Results 1 to 5 of 5
09-01-2004, 10:58 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
How do I setup Email account with Outlook Express?
Make sure you are using an account that you created through your mail manager section of your control panel, not the default name for the account.
Make sure your Outlook Express is setup as follows:
Pop3 Server: mail.yourdomain.com ( it can be different for some server )
SMTP Server: mail.yourdomain.com ( it can be different for some server )
PS: For the login give full email address not only the userid. Also some times SMTP port block by your local ISP, in this case use your local ISP SMTP port.
09-09-2004, 06:29 PM #2denisGuest
How to Add a New E-mail Account to Your Outlook Profile (step by step)
1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. Click the Add button.
4. Click POP3, and then click Next.
5. Enter your e-mail account information.
6. In the Your Name box, type your name as you would like it to appear.
7. In the E-mail Address box, type your domain e-mail address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type mail.yourdomain.com.
9. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type mail.yourdomain.com.
10. In the User Name box, make sure to enter full email address in the Account
Name field (email@example.com);
11. Enter your account password.
Note: make sure to check Remember password if you don't want to enter password
each time you send out email.
IMPORTANT: For the email address to work properly the email program must be
told that our server requires authentication (if requires). To turn this setting on, follow these steps:
1. From the Tools menu, click Accounts.
2. Click the Mail tab.
3. Click your Mail account, and then click Properties.
4. Click Servers.
5. Click to select the My Server Requires Authentication check box, and then click OK.
Now that Outlook Express is configured, you can send and receive emails.
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM #3denisGuest
How to Control Deletion of Messages from the Mail Server:
1. Now that email account is created, select Accounts from the Tools drop-down
list in the menu bar.
2. On the Internet Accounts window, select the newly created mail account and
click Properties to edit the settings for your email account.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Click to select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box if you want to save your Mail messages on the Mail server as well as on your local computer. If you want your messages to be deleted from the Mail server once you have received them, do not check select this option.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Close.
05-12-2005, 09:14 PM #4mrhahaGuest
thanks a lot
05-13-2005, 01:35 AM #5JeffEDHGuest
mrhaha, please do not spam our forums. This is not allowed per our Official Rules. Please read and discontinue spamming. Thank you!