Results 1 to 2 of 2
07-28-2004, 11:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
DNS problem testing for Cpanel Users
Here is another article to test DNS problem. Please have a look at it and provide any of your comments.
DNS problem testing for Cpanel Users.
You can check your DNS problem at dnsreport.com
1. Go to www.dnsreport.com
2. Type your domain name in the text field.
3. If you see the following;
NS FAIL NS A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding.
Then the NameServer is failing.
In this case you can contact our support team to fix this problem, alternatively you could use the following instructions to help you fix it.
4. If this is fine, then you check the domain registrar nameservers with your DNS zone nameservers. If it is not matching then, you have to login to WHM.
5. Go to edit DNS zone
6. Replace the nameservers as in domain registrars, make sure put "." in the end.
7. After that you can test at www.dnsreport.com again as before
Any commnets are very welcome.
07-28-2004, 05:45 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
Just a thought but add to a mail one or whatever that it could be DNS (REVERSE DNS error). I had that error on a helpdesk today.
Some mailservers do not allow mail from a mailserver with no reverse dns entry. So it can cause problemsSeeksadmin - For all your administration and security needs.