Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Forum Rules
07-19-2004, 02:34 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
Well i made this up last night let me know what ya think then ill get its own page made up and make it an announcement
Please read first:
We do not intend to censor posts based on the memberís opinion expressed within their post, but we will enforce the polices outlined here and on the forum.
We reserve the right to remove, modify, or move posts at our discretion and without explanation or notice.
Members are required to read the rules here, and any rules posted in an individual post.
The Webhostingchat team assume that members have read them, and will not take ignorance of any rule as an excuse for not following any rules, guidelines, or policies outlined here and in the forumís specific rules.
If a user of the forum if found of violation of any rules, they will be disciplined.
The first time they violate a rule, they will be warned.
The second time they violate a rule, they will receive a stiffer warning.
The third time they violate a rule, they will be banned for 15 days.
After their account is reactivated, if they violate a rule, they will be banned for 30 days.
The next time they violate a rule, depending on the severity of the violation, they will be banned indefinitely.
This policy is non-negotiable.
General Forum Rules
- Applicable to ALL forum categories and methods of communication via the forum
- Members may only have a maximum of one account per person. If anyone is found in violation of this rule, all their accounts will be banned.
- All publicly displayed messages must be in the English language. Any messages found in violation of this rule will be deleted.
- You may not instruct a user to check their email, Private Message, inform them they have a new PM or email, or any variant of any kind.
- You may not cross post. Cross posting refers to posting duplicate threads or posts, or linking to threads or posts they have already started. You may not post commission, affiliate, or referral links anywhere on the forum.
- You may not solicit any external source to post on the forum regarding your company, services, or products, or any company, service, or product you are associated with.
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member. This includes all forums, signatures, messages, and email features.
- You must be a member for 30 days, and either have 10 posts or 15 reputation points to utilize the private message system or upload an avatar.
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can be, but is not limited to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a post, posting one liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or bring it to the top of its forum.
-You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle any company, product, or service which you have not had first hand experience with.
- Be polite. Anyone found to be rude or impolite will be deleted, and any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without notice.
- Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
Main Forums and Other Forums
-You may not post any information about your company, products, or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any products or services you are or have been associated with. This includes, but is not limited to, suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employees, or friends.
- Use the Advertising forums to advertise.
- You may not post messages that are commercial by nature.
- You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at their own commercial website, including informational pages.
- You may not direct others to contact you regarding products or services, or future products or services, or any products or services you are, or have been, associated with.
- You may not solicit users for any purpose external to the forum, public, private, or commercial. Most importantly, our member base is not a resource to be ďminedĒ by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
- If you SPAM our members in any manner your account will be banned.
- You may only discuss your company, products, or services when the thread starter has made direct reference to your company and has stated something that is untrue or misleading or something which clearly needs clarifying.
- The response must be in direct reference with the point discussed and contain no added promotional information and/or fluff. Please contact us first when your in this situation, for suggestions on what to post while following the rules.
- You are limited to posting one ad per 5 days in the Advertising forums regarding your companies, sub-companies, or associated companies. It is the companies responsibility to schedule and maintain the offers their employees post in conforming with this important rule.
- Members are expected and required to read and follow the rules outlined in a category that are posted as Announcements.
- Members may not intentionally trash or ďtrollĒ in another userís advertisement thread.
- The advertising forums are not a place for you to criticize, critique, or pass comment on another userís advertisement. Users in violation of this rule will be banned.
- Keep your post clean, and use only three colors and one font style.
- Any attempts to defraud or deceive our members will result in your account being banned.
Custom User Titles, Avatars, and Signatures
URLs or other forms of advertising are not allowed in custom titles. Also, members cannot use titles that may impersonate, or attempt to impersonate Webhosingchat staff.
- Must be set up in your profile, not manually added to your messages May not contain any pricing, plan, sales, server, network, etc details.
- May contain a maximum of three emoticon or one animated emoticon.
- May contain two clickable links.
- May include three colors.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of five lines (at 1024x768 resolution) May not contain links to other threads or posts.
- Your signature is yours: it is not for sale or rent.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change your signature, and/or remove your signature, at any time, for any reason.
- May be only a size of 80x80 pixels and/or 19.5 kilobytes.
- May not contain any questionable material. We reserve the right to ask you to remove or change your avatar and/or remove it ourselves.
- May only be uploaded or linked to when you have been a member of thirty days, and either have twenty posts or 15 reputation points.
We cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the forum and any post is the responsibility and view of the user and not that of Webhostingchat.
We are not responsible for any advice given on this forum.
You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations, and not solely rely on advice posted to this forum.
We will not release any member information unless under court order to do so.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice.
It is your responsibility to remain informed of current Webhostingchat policies.
Finally; any abuse towards our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension or termination of your account.
Last edited by Nameless; 07-19-2004 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Typo thanks jimbob =)
07-19-2004, 06:03 PM #2denisGuest
Very well! I like the rules.
Only two questions
What about minimum posts for Adv forums?
When the new rules comes into force?
07-19-2004, 06:04 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
should be in place in 2 days getting a custom hack made for me
07-20-2004, 03:52 PM #4
- Join Date
- Apr 2004
- The GTA
Great job! I think those rule are just fine.
07-21-2004, 09:20 AM #5denisGuest
I hope you will allow me some additions:
* Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other
topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the
wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator or administrator.
** No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to illegal downloads
of not only software, but copyrighted images, templates that must be
purchased, movies, music and any other items being illegally distributed.
*** Advertising Forums ("Shared and reseller hosting offers" Forum rules):
* Required Details:
Any hosting offer posted must contain a URL to the provider's website.
* You must make at least ? 5-10-15 ? posts in other Categories before
posting a Hosting Offers.
Last edited by denis; 07-21-2004 at 09:22 AM.
07-21-2004, 09:37 AM #6
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
You should add something so they have to have "x" amount of posts before being able to post a URL or something.
07-21-2004, 09:42 AM #7denisGuestOriginally Posted by Tris
07-21-2004, 02:15 PM #8
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
basically what WHT has
07-21-2004, 02:31 PM #9denisGuest
07-21-2004, 03:05 PM #10
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
Ok well ill start a thread in staff lounge for what addons we think are needed i.e hacking the source code