Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Email Problem HowTo
06-29-2004, 10:01 AM #1webtechGuest
Email Problem HowTo
I am going to write small alrticle about debugging & General email problem.
Can you guys provide some hints?.
06-29-2004, 10:11 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
Remember Reverse DNS problemsSeeksadmin - For all your administration and security needs.
07-01-2004, 02:44 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
Check this out.
Friend of mine wrote it. Is anyting to be added?
Email Problem Debugging for WebHosting Clients.
1. First check your site up?
If the site is down and If you are new client then you have to wait for 24 -72 hours for fully propagation. then you should contact your webhosting company.
If not follow the following step.
2. If the problem with Any of the email client or webmail ?
a. If the problem email clients.
General Email clients setup
Pop3 Server: mailbox.yourdomain.com
SMTP Server: mailbox.yourdomain.com
5. If the problem with outgoing mail in your email clients, it means your local ISP is blocking your
SMTP port. You should use your local ISP's SMTP port.
6. If there is problem with incoming mail, then you should check your Quato and Increase it and test it.
7. If the mail is bounced then problem with Desination. There are several reason to have such a problem
1. If the destination server is down
2. If the server's IP blokced.
3. If Reverse DNS is not setup for your IP.
4. There may be some other issues as well.
This is just a basic article for users(WebHosting Clients) to debug their email problem. If you want to add anything feel free to let me know.
Some of the recommended email debugigng site.