Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2010
Tronkle - the first geo-distributed web hosting service
A brand new technology - http://tronkle.com
Tronkle is a geographically distributed web hosting service. Actually it’s having an entire copy of your website on several servers around the world. Each time a user visits your site he will actually visit the site on the server that is closest to him. The best part is that you don’t have to change anything to your site to use Tronkle: you just bring your site to Tronkle and you use it just like any other traditional web hosting service. In addition to that you get to choose the locations from a list of available servers around the world according to your site demographics. Last but not least we promote honesty in relation with our customers: in our minds this translates to giving our customers unlimited number of domains and unlimited number of databases and charging for traffic and storage. In other words you pay for what we pay and you don’t pay for things that we get virtually for free.
So far Tronkle hosting offers PHP / Mysql services only. We might consider adding other platforms (maybe RoR?) if the demand is very high.
Why use Tronkle
Using a geo-distributed service has several advantages:
* speed – if the site is served from a location closer to the user it should benefit from better network connectivity (lower latencies and higher bandwidth); this is the very reason of existence of the very successful content delivery networks
* load balancing – the load is automatically distributed over several servers which means that your site can be visited by more users at the same time; this is the very reason of existence of clusters; for some sites (with a low user base) this might not sound like a great feature but if your site will be “digged” or “slashdotted” you will see how useful this is
* automatic fail-over – if one server fails your site will still be served from the other servers; everyone offers lots of nines in their availability but the truth is that every server and every hardware equipment does fail from time to time; if you do the math you will see that usually the nines would translate to a few days of downtime per year; our servers fail too but the chances of several servers failing at the same time are lower
* ease of use – Tronkle is as easy to use as a traditional web hosting service; you don’t have to modify your site; unlike CDNs and other services – there is no API to use with Tronkle – everything is performed automatically and transparently; unlike dedicated servers, VPSs, VDSs and cloud instances you don’t need to perform and setup / maintenance / admin work
* flexibility – choosing your server locations is not only something innovative (you don’t have something like that in CDNs or other services) but it also brings your costs down and might also improve performance for some setups
* low cost – compared to what it offers Tronkle is very cheap; you might actually find it cheaper than some “professional” web hosting services
7 day uncoditional money back guarantee - you can test Tronkle free of charge for 7 days and see if it fits your needs - no contract, no obligations, no strings attached
What’s so revolutionary about Tronkle technology
First of all we consider Tronkle to be revolutionary because it’s the first service of its’ kind that we know of. It’s revolutionary technology also because we developed our own software which does things in a different way in order to be able to provide the kind of flexibility, ease of use and automatization that we wanted for our services.
Now special offer - 15% discount for 12 month in advancece
For more information please visit http://tronkle.com
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2010
First you choose one storage plan and as many servers as you like. Each server comes with its own traffic quota (the total traffic limit for your account is increased). The data is automatically replicated on all servers so in order to increase your storage quota you need to upgrade to a different storage plan.
starter 1 GB 4.00 $
light 3 GB 9.00 $
medium 10 GB 25.00 $
heavy 30 GB 69.00 $
enterprise 100 GB 199.00 $
starter 10 GB per server 4.00 $
light 30 GB per server 9.00 $
medium 100 GB per server 25.00 $
heavy 300 GB per server 69.00 $
enterprise 1000 GB per server 199.00 $
For the moment you can choose from 4 locations : London, Dallas, Los Angeles and New York but we are planning on expanding really soon.