PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of site to a new host - Need Help!

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, I am trying to post a message to request help - but I am receiving a message that my posts contains URL's and I must first post 5 or more messages before I can post the message that I want to post?

My message actually has NO URL's at all, but paths in an error message.

How do I get around that?

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I wonder if it will count this as a second post?

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:29 PM
So this will be the third.. and ...

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:30 PM
the fourth...

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:31 PM
I am almost there... the real post will be next. Can you tell that I am desparate for help? I apologize for the previous posts gang, just need some help.

donm1021
02-18-2006, 03:33 PM
I am having a problem trying to transfer 11 of my sites to mty new host. My current cpanel is "controlpoint" which offers absolutely nothing in the way of help and transferring.

The cpanel of my new host is WHM and does have the following option "Copy account from another server with account password" option in the "Transfer" section.

I tried that however I receive the following error (x's represent my login and ip address):

Attempting to login as xxxxxxxx to xxx.xx.xx.xx via ftp
Login ok
Uploading Htaccess
Uploading Wrapper
Uploading Dectector
Uploading Packager
Uploading Downloader
Uploading Killer
chmoding scripts
Found uid to be: 9721
Compiling wrapper
uploading wrapper
chmodding wrapper
Closing FTP Control
Packing Account using suexec method

pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 4.1 - running with uid 9721
Unable to find domain name for xxxxxxxx
DOWNLOAD READY in /tmp/cpmove-xxxxxxxx.tar.gz
Downloading Tarball
Removing Scripts using suexec method

UNLINKED
Checksum Failure [[d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e]] [[]]...trace information follows...HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:37:26 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) PHP/4.3.5 PHP/3.0.18 mod_perl/1.29 FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.6m
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 4.1 - running with uid 9721
Unable to find domain name for xxxxxxxx
DOWNLOAD READY in /tmp/cpmove-xxxxxxxx.tar.gz

Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction[FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

I have 11 sites and 1 huge MySQL database that I need to transfer over and it would such a pain to have to do them all manually.

Any ideas on how I should handle this and why I can't get the above to work?

Thanks for your help!

donm

nsuk
02-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Hello,
I heard somewhere that if you keep trying to transfer them they will eventually transfer. Are you trying to transfer them all together (as in all 11 at the same time) not sure if thats possible, but just needed to ask?

donm1021
02-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Hello,
I heard somewhere that if you keep trying to transfer them they will eventually transfer. Are you trying to transfer them all together (as in all 11 at the same time) not sure if thats possible, but just needed to ask?No, I am trying them one at a time. I did just get a message from our web host that there are two tar's waiting for me in the /home/ directory with the names of the domains that I was trying to transfer. I wonder if they really transferred though? Guess I'll go find out.

donm1021
02-18-2006, 07:31 PM
No, I am trying them one at a time. I did just get a message from our web host that there are two tar's waiting for me in the /home/ directory with the names of the domains that I was trying to transfer. I wonder if they really transferred though? Guess I'll go find out.Well just as I suspected... the tar's had nothing in them, no move.

Anyone know how I can get my site moved over to my new host? My current host doesn't offer a cpanel and all that I have access to is something called "controlpoint" which is absolutely useless - can't create backups.

Is there any other software available?

My new host has WHM and it's is GREAT from what I can tell so far.

If anyone might be kind enough to help me out I would appreciate it.

Donm

nsuk
02-18-2006, 08:15 PM
The only other way i can suggest is:
1.Go the the cpanel of the account you want to move.
2. Select Backup, then Generate a full back up.
3. Send the notification to your email address.
4. When the full backup is complete download it from the accounts website to your computer.
5. On the server that you would like to transfer the account to. Make a new account with exactly the same username and password as it was on the other server.
6. Get the server root (maybe you) to restore that full backup you downloaded to your computer.
7. When the backup is restored all mysql databases etc should be fine with all their passwords and usernames intact.

Do that for all 11 accounts, and it should work.

But you say you dont have cpanel. hmm that could cause some problems. If you could supply me with the login details for the place where your accounts are located, i may be able to help. PM me the details.

FreakySpace
02-26-2006, 05:55 PM
I do believe with Cpanel and WHM you can only transfer sites from a server also using Cpanel and WHM.

You will probly need to transfer the sites manually, and then change DNS manually.

Good luck.
FS