PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite programming language and Why

alvin
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Just curious what everyones preference is when it comes to coding and why? I know its a broad question as different languages are for different things - but I am just curious really about what everyone is using and why?

For me its mainly VB and Java.

sandy_thomson
10-02-2009, 04:17 PM
I code a lot in PHP, but I love Python and Ruby. I know Ruby somewhat better than I do Python, so I use it a (lot) more, but I think they are both fine languages.
Java Ö Well, I use it for some things (more because I have to), but I donít really like it that much.

karthik
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I love C#. It is awesome, and I cannot wait for 4 to come out.. although, I'm a little iffy about the dynamic typing stuff.
I'm surprised because never before have I been so eager to jump into something that Microsoft has orchestrated. People usually think of Microsoft as doing the essential bare-minimum, lazy work, whatever.. and I was pretty timid when I started tippy-toeing in .NET.. but I LOVE it!
C# has to be my hobby code of choice..

PHPRight
10-08-2009, 08:00 AM
I LOVE PHP. It's basically a very overall well-rounded web development language that is very easy to user but is still very powerful. I have used it with combination of GTK to create Windows GUI apps, used it via command line to create some data harvesters/spiders, and used it in general to create some feature-rich websites. Anyone interested in website development should definately give PHP a look before any other language, in my humble opinion.

Regards

crossby
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Love the name btw haha.. I guessed your fave language even before I read your post! I am going to look in to PHP, I know nothing about it but have heard it being used more and more... time to check it out.

lemuix
10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
PHP is the future, past and present!

aaronforlife
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
There are an awful lot of programming languages available right now -- everything from the extremely high level (such as Visual Basic) to the low level power of assembly, and a good variety of specialized options in between (Perl, Ruby, and Python are good choices for many tasks). Java has also become quite the hot programming language for some tasks, in part because of its large API and in part because the virtual machine provides some elements of security. (Garbage collection is another nice feature and can make programmers much more efficient.)

Nevertheless, there are some good reasons to learn to program in C. First, age has its advantages: C has been around for 30 years, and there is a ton of source code available. This means there's a lot to learn from, and a lot to use. Moreover, many of the issues with the language have been clearly elucidated -- it's well understood, and you can find a lot of tutorials available. Plus, with C, you get lots of strong opinions mixed with insights that you can understand.

As a result of its age and its use as the language of system programming for Unix, C has become something of the lingua franca of programming. C is a great language for expressing common ideas in programming in a way that most people are comfortable with. Moreover, a lot of the principles used in C -- for instance, argc and argv for command line parameters, as well as loop constructs and variable types -- will show up in a lot of other languages you learn so you'll be able to talk to people even if they don't know C in a way that's common to both of you.

Third, C is reasonably close to the machine. When you're working with pointers, bytes, and individual bits, things like optimization techniques start to make a lot more sense. There's also utility in knowing exactly how something works underneath the hood -- this helps a great deal when something you're trying to do in a higher level language seems way slower than expected, or just doesn't work at all. You also tend to get a better picture of advanced topics like exactly how networking works. A higher level language will make it a little bit simpler, but it'll be harder to understand what's going on, and when things stop working, it's much better to know exactly what's going on so you can fix it. Additionally, if you like computer science as a discipline, or just like knowing how things work learning the details of the system is great fun.

In fact, a lot of fun programming is done in C -- for instance, system software and data managers such as Berkeley DB. If you want to be able to do more than write a simple web app, C is a great language. If you want to write a great, fast game, C is again a great choice. You can write an entire OS in C.

murugan
10-23-2009, 07:08 PM
C# is probably the best bet from a MS perspective.

LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) is very popular but it's mostly for gluing together basic ecommerce stuff, whereas all the big business stuff is usually done in Java.

Ruby is a "fun" language, but it's well known for it's powerful Ruby on Rails framework, which is still considered bleeding edge by most of the industry.

Python will earn you nods of respect but not a lot of jobs unless you have a high end academic background.

Perl is a great scripting language that is particularly useful for a lot of little things, consider it a handy toolkit for anything that might usually involve the command line.

C++ has a bit steeper curve than most of the other stuff I just mentioned, but it's still what a lot of important stuff is written in, and it's not going to go away anytime soon, and there's always a demand for C++ programmers.

krupux
11-25-2009, 11:34 AM
PHP for web, and C# for desktop.

I've given up on most lower level languages like C/C++. While they might be faster in execution time, I find higher level language is faster to develop (maybe I'm just lazy :P).

BuckBennett
11-30-2009, 03:56 AM
I like PHP which has the potential in developing and showing its power in the near future .

icecape67
12-22-2009, 09:10 AM
i personally preffer c#/asp, but python is great too

strutwatson
01-09-2010, 07:20 AM
I've always thought Java was a ripoff of openstep. Today they go head to head iphone (openstep derived) vs. Android (java).

resiymarko
11-26-2010, 02:10 AM
I guessed your fave language even earlier than I read your post! I am going to look in to PHP, I know nothing about it but have heard it being used more and more... time to check it out.

stiffenson
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Love the name .. haha by the way I guessed his favorite language, even before reading your message! I will look for PHP, I do not know, but I heard it is used more and more ... time to verify.

karynmonk
12-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I am software engineer. C and C++ is my favourite programming language. C and C++ is the base of any languages. C++ is a object oriented programing language. C is a general-purpose computer programing language.

fishendeep
12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
C # is my Favorite Programming language.It is provides excellent properties such as strong type checking, extensive testing of limits and automatic garbage collection.It is supports object-oriented and object-oriented programming methodology.

jackcrown
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I like this. My favorite language is C, it is simply giving a lot of fun and interesting too.I like features too. Certainly the very best than java, although this may be because I have not tried C # yet. The language is logical, analytical and intuitive. You can start talking about a completely different language when it comes to programming.

alaneagle
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
My favorite programming language is Asp.net and C#.This both is good combination for web development.I like web designing and web coding so that I always choose Asp.net and c# for my web development.It is easy language and require less coding for development.

stichdmello245
07-30-2011, 01:08 AM
In fact, a lot of fun programming is done in C -- for instance, system software and data managers such as Berkeley DB. If you want to be capable to do more than write a simple web app, C is a great language. If you want to write a great,

Topit
08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Papillio is a famous brand of German Birkenstock Slippers (http://www.topbirkenstocks.net/mens-birkenstock-clogs-birkenstock-amsterdam-c-49_66.html?zenid=ee17d5f47fa12bfc376635a5ef244cc 4) benevolent color version, its sole patent Birkenstock sandals originated from the bed, shoes bed adhering to shoe-making idea,birkenstock use 100 years the most ergonomic technology,Birkenstock Mustard Wool Amsterdam (http://www.topbirkenstocks.net/birkenstock-mustard-wool-amsterdam-p-401.html?zenid=ee17d5f47fa12bfc376635a5ef244cc4) production. When you put on it, like barefoot on the soft sand and comfortable, this is beautiful, wear with other modelling has not comfortable sandals the biggest distinction.
By creating comfortable shoe money has been known Discount Birkenstock Slipper (http://www.topbirkenstocks.net/mens-birkenstock-clogs-birkenstock-graz-c-49_69.html?zenid=ee17d5f47fa12bfc376635a5ef244cc 4), one of the product more in order to help to all users completely feet keeps the natural operation and healthy selling points, became the focus of the shoe brands around the world.Birkenstock Gray Wool-oiled Leather Graz Birkenstock Sandal (http://www.topbirkenstocks.net/birkenstock-gray-wooloiled-leather-graz-p-429.html?zenid=ee17d5f47fa12bfc376635a5ef244cc4) in China and Asia's hottest styles of Davos mo might not counted. In fact, Davos this style in early days only came out with two colors, shallow ash and deep gray.

delois
06-01-2012, 06:02 AM
There are so many programming languages available but among all of them my favorite language is PHP. It is open source language and easy to create any dynamic website in PHP. You can create the design in Dreamweaver and easily merge it with the PHP. The syntax of the PHP is trunk. It gives full support to symbolic links. Its performance is highly optimized.

anandrmedia
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Php .. Thats all !!

Danish01
06-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Every programmer knows PHP is the best language in present and also in future.....

Wordpress website Development (http://www.strikeoneads.com/wordpress-development.html) l PHP Web Development Company (http://www.strikeoneads.com/php-technologies.html)

Saad Host
09-03-2012, 05:35 AM
My favorite programming language is PHP because most big dynamics website now a days are also made through PHP.

keith8385
09-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I like PHP as it is open source and can always play with it to come up with something new.

martinfranker
08-01-2013, 03:04 AM
I love the PHP and it's my all time favorite language for creating websites. It is so super coding language and I like the features and one good thing is that it is totally free open source, so we can do the best target and goal website easily.

kevinkrieger
01-20-2014, 02:10 AM
PHP is my favorite. It is easy to learn and most popular language for web development. The more i use it, the more i like it that means more curiosity to know more about it.

kaufenpreis
05-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Today, one should not have one single favorite programming language. We are going through a phase of programming language renaissance where we have a number of awesome programming languages being developed and used. My favorite programming language depends on the problem domain that I would like to solve. It can be Erlang for a distributed application, it can be Scala for server side programming on the JVM or it can be Haskell if I am doing some pure EDSL stuff. Having said that I still consider C to be the mother of all general purpose languages considering the malleability that it offers.

MaxiDed
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I like PHP which has the potential in developing and showing its power in the near future .

arshilkhan
07-11-2017, 07:29 AM
C language is my favorite language because it is basic language for learning purpose various language .It provides an idea about all old as well as new language because it is intermediate language.

ademar
07-12-2017, 01:19 AM
HTML is my favourite language. It is quite easy to understand.

lebar.123
11-01-2017, 12:59 PM
I feel like PHP is the best because it has a lot of popularity.

neckozenica1
11-14-2017, 08:10 AM
I feel like PHP is the best because it has a lot of popularity.

yes, php is good language for web app.. but for desktop app my recommendation is C#

regards

DanielDP
11-16-2017, 01:30 PM
I started with the C programming language, then C ++ and then C #. I love C#, because it is supported by microsoft very well and it can do many things like : desktop application, web....

DanielDP
11-19-2017, 11:34 AM
I do work related to the system, so I often use C. C is quite simple and quite complex; C can easily affect the system more easily than other high-level languages and especially, for systems running windows operating systems C is very good support from microsoft. I love it

MarkJ90
02-20-2018, 10:42 AM
For me, Java is the best because is an independent platform programing language