PDA

View Full Version : The future of PHP

phplover
06-24-2009, 06:11 AM
PHP's next edition, Version PHP 6.0, include the new features and syntax improvements that will be make easier to use anyone from an object-oriented aspects,
The following features will be included in PHP6,

1. Imporved UNICode Supports
2. Web 2.0 features like SOAP, XML used widely.
3. magic_quotes , register_globals, register_long_arrays, safe_mode will be removed.
4. will be removed FreeType 1

That's it, so PHP 6 will be get more fast, reliable and comfortable to user.

KreativJustin
07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I've been reading up on PHP 6.0 heavily, not only about the features, but about peoples responses to the update. My favorite update, the C# style getters and setters :)

caleen
07-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I too am following PHP 6.0, these features, from Unicode to core support for XML, make it even easier for you to write feature-filled PHP applications.

Athlon
07-20-2009, 06:06 AM
It is definitely more secure and more in demand.

symbyo soa
09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
OOP is the future. Best to learn the fundamentals of OOP and then learn the specifics as they apply to PHP.

alemcherry
09-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Totally agree. Try and learn concepts like OOP rather than be attached to a language.

That said, PHP is already a very versatile and flexible and the features added continue to improve it.
So, I think its going to continue to have a bright future.

Learnign OOPS concept alone can be quite boring and may not give you the practical idea you need. Probably learn a completely oop langiage like java along with.

PHPRight
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
OOP is the future. Best to learn the fundamentals of OOP and then learn the specifics as they apply to PHP.

Agreed. OOP seems to be coming quickly the standard in professional PHP-based applications. Most all major commercial scripts rely on it heavily.

Regards

juan_tomaz
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
My bet is that PHP is still going strong for the next decade, and growing even stronger. There are lots of hyped up languages out there, but the hype will eventually cool off and people will then go back to where they come from. Remember Java? C developers who adopted Java have gone back to C. ColdFusion died off miserably despite the hype that it gets few years ago.

aaronforlife
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Php, loosely based on C, is one of the most powerful languages of the web: it is going to stay here for many many years to come!
Like any other language, it evolves, and new functions/features are added regularly.

ashely
10-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I’ve been working with PHP for several years, I’m a Zend Certified Engineer PHP 5.PHP is really cool, widely used. What makes it useful is more the community and the open source software it offers (ie. frameworks, cms, libs, etc.) rather than the language itself. Technically, PHP is not very good : not consistent, advanced features that other languages offer are not always bundled in. Anyway, it is fast enough to be used, even on big projects. A good point is that it is easy to learn, that’s why more and more people are learning it.

webhostfreaking
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
ya php is a very good scritpting language….i got recrutied to one of the companies when php was adopted for their current work …due to economic recession…everyone is planngin for cost cuts…so they are tryign to reduce maximum amount which has to be spent for software developement…php will be aalternative for them as its free of cost and open source …..so its getting better and better day by day many companies are adopting…php…yahoo is one of the top rands which has large scale implementation of php….google is to getting used to it these days…..

albian
10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
I worked at IBM.com and I used PHP in my everyday work. I think PHP will only get stronger and stronger. I never heard nothing here about “ASP”, “C#”, wherever. We use some Ruby and Pearl also … but PHP rules in Server Side Scripting.
Even Python can´t catch it up in practical usage. People here simple goes PHPing and forget about every else.

BuckBennett
11-30-2009, 04:00 AM
I perfer PHP to ASP because it is a powerful scripting language in practical usage.

samezoobi
01-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Hello Guys
I am confused about my career that which language is the best for future.I have specialization in ASP.net and currently php language market is the best all over so can i change my way and go with market.Php language is open source and that whay i am confused that in future suppoce it's close in all over market so what can we do at that time so please tell me something good idea for that..

samezoobi
01-04-2010, 01:27 AM
I think in feature this be a more usable language.today in global market many company uses the PHP..and may ba it's continue in feature...

BuckBennett
01-23-2010, 01:31 AM
With the fast updating of PHP, The technology should be advanced . so all things are possible.

zamfoo
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
hi,

the bigger thiings are... the bigger they fall. php will collapse just as every other business or idea has with the test of time. nothing lasts forever. the question is how gracefull will be.

kevin

laaronblase
06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
PHP is the most used server side language and is definitely not going anywhere soon. PHP is getting more Object Oriented related which is great. I would suggest learning PHP and ASP .NET. PHP is more limited in scope than Java, which runs not just on Web servers but also on desktops, mobile phones, chip-enabled debit cards and many other devices.

evanbarrack
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
The PHP is best in todays time. It has the best unicode methods. The open source environment is the best to make the modification in the existing script as well. It is the best languages of all the time. Having the best support for the all well known platform like Unix, Linux, Windows. Easy and effective script base which is very easy to understand.

princeharry13
06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I am a php/mysql developer. I wanna know whether staying in php and mysql forever would affect my future. Most s/w people are in either java or dotnet. I am novice in both of them. I love php and i dont wanna shift from it.

neilfriston
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Without any doubt, it will be the strong medium for web development. This scripting language will be the best for web development to produce dynamic web pages.

josaphlewis
07-12-2010, 11:11 PM
PHP is a server-side scripting language that can be utilize on a host of web servers as well as proposal. PHP is still going strong for the next decade, and growing even stronger. The PHP domestic group will begin a conversation to establish what Unicode execution satisfies the needs and desires of the majority of the group.

Golden Smith
07-21-2010, 03:48 AM
PHP is good in intermediate and Advance Programming, PHP is Open Source which means we can download free utilities and codes from internet. PHP is cross-platform, so i guess, the future of php is secure.

rokeyfalk
09-01-2010, 03:28 AM
I believe the future of PHP is really good. PHP is essential and inherent in web development. 90% of my website is developed with PHP.

brevedecane
09-08-2010, 06:30 AM
PHP is a great scripting language, and is used throughout the industry. Most of Yahoo actually used PHP in some form or another. If you know MySQL, you can fairly easily learn other languages database.

frezbkr
10-04-2010, 01:23 AM
PHP is a very good language and is used all the time in industry. Most Yahoo properties actually use PHP in some form or another.PHP is slowly but surely being adopted as a business platform that competes with J2EE and .NET. Corporations like IBM are banking on the growth and maturity of PHP.

WebIntellects - Rob
10-04-2010, 04:17 AM
I think that PHP will never die. There are plenty of web applications written in it.

samualleeker
10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
I also am adopting PHP 6.0, these characteristics, from Unicode to core back for XML, make it even easier for you to write characteristic-filled PHP applications.

brucecaine
10-11-2010, 02:49 AM
I also am adopting PHP 6.0, these characteristics, from Unicode to core confirm for XML, make it even softer for you to write feature-filled PHP applications.

jameserics
10-19-2010, 09:22 AM
The PHP is best in todays time. It has the best unicode methods. The open source environment is the best to make the modification in the existing script as well. It is the best languages of all the time. Easy and effective script base which is very easy to understand.

villson
10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
OOP is the opportunity. Best to become skilled at the rudiments of OOP as well as then gain knowledge of the essentials as they concern to PHP.

alfordalvin
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
The future of the PHP is the very bright. It is the best programming language. It is easy to learn than other languages.

norman.noris
11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I face both problems, sometimes I'm having problems coding something because I'm just not informed enough to completely understand and get a clear idea of how I should code it, the rest of the time I just don't know there's already a function for it, or which one was it, already?

meckdeveide
11-13-2010, 02:02 AM
PHP is a great language very well and used all the time in the industry. Most of the properties of Yahoo actually use PHP in one form or another. Its slow but sure was adopted as a platform for business that competes with J2EE and NET. Companies like IBM are based on growth and maturity of PHP.

resiymarko
11-26-2010, 01:57 AM
I too am following PHP 6.0, these features, from Unicode to core hold up for XML, construct it even easier for you to write feature-filled PHP applications.

barclaybeaumont
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
PHP Hypertext Preprocessor representatives. It is a widely used general-purpose scripting language, originally designed for Web development, production and dynamic pages. This is important in the future PHP.

Kevin marshall
12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
If you are a fan of language “X” and think it’s better than PHP, here’s your chance to convince me. After some discussion with colleagues, I’m very interested to find a general consensus as to which web development language (server-side) is the true “future of web development”. My research reveals that PHP is the most popular web development language currently. Even though it’s clear that PHP is widely accepted, how long will that be true? Is PHP dying?

Now please don’t get me wrong, PHP is a great language that I use daily. It’s powerful, widely supported, popular, and pretty darn stable. Recently, I’ve even had even more success with PHP by supplementing it with CakePHP, a powerful PHP framework that makes development a bit more painless.

Still, even with frameworks and new versions of PHP coming soon, how long can the trend last?

Are you wondering why I care so much?

The reasons are fairly mundane: job security, stability, trends, and money.

I value my career and work as a web developer. We (web developers) provide content to the voracious users of the web and I love being a part of the “internet revolution”. I also enjoy keeping up on the latest trends… I tend to prefer being near the bleeding-edge at all times. Why? Because it’s more fun. Also, I’d say that having a grasp of where the future is headed in web development can be very valuable indeed.

Back to my point: I’ve played with a few alternate languages outside of PHP, but I’m not convinced of their long-term popularity… they just don’t offer anything revolutionary. Maybe I’m expecting a revolution that isn’t gonna happen. Or, maybe I missed the revolution boat already.

zavonrayenz
12-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I'ma Zend PHP Certified Engineer 5.PHP, for many years I have been working really well with PHP, is widely used. It makes more useful and open source software community, it offers (ie. frameworks, semi-libs, etc.) rather than language itself. Technically, PHP is not very good: no advanced features that other languages are constantly in it is not always bundled offer, it used to be fast on very large projects. A good point is that it is easy to learn, so more and more people are learning it.

ramirocorleone
12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
PHP is popular already, and is used in millions of areas (according to Netcraft), with the support of most Internet service providers and used by companies household name of the Web such as Yahoo and future versions of the target PHP in addition to this success through the introduction of new features that make me more Can be used in some cases, more secure in other areas. Are you ready for my V6? If you improve tomorrow, the scripts do the fine or have the work to be done? This article focuses on changes for my V6 - some of them back to the ported versions of my V5.x - which may require some scripts on the current disk.

andycook345
12-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Php, loosely founded on C, is one of the almost powerful languages of the web: it is going to remain here for many many years to come!
similar any early language, it evolves, and new functions/features are added regularly.

Alvarojimmy1
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Greatly improved for PHP V6 is support for Unicode strings in many of the basic functions. This new feature has a big impact because it will allow PHP to support the widest range of personalities to get international support. So, if you are a developer or architect using a different language, such as the programming language Java ™, because they are better internationalization (i18n) support from me, will be the time has come to take another look at the PHP support when improves.

jhongass
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
PHP is good for web designing programmer.It's easy to understand, and you can find most things on their own. PHP documentation is not detailed, but you can give some information about what they are trying to find out.Flexibility and portability are two essential attributes of PHP.Imporved UNICode Supports 2. Web 2.0 features like SOAP, XML used widely. Alternatively, commercial languages provide support for well-trained personnel to respond rapidly , but again the costs are much higher.

nerusmith
12-31-2010, 06:12 AM
There are many feature of PHP but some of them are below.

1)Cookies.
2)session.
3)HTTP authentication.
4)connection handling.
5)Using Remote file.

adamkirstan
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
My very unexpert think, PHP is here to stay. wage difference is probably here to stay.
1) Java is more difficult to learn, versatile, efficient, and is broader than a simple PHP
2). NET is part of a huge suite / package as part of the big companies do not mind paying.

mitchaldavis
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
PHP is already popular in the area of millions, according to Netcraft, most Internet service providers to support from well-known Internet companies like Yahoo are using PHP version coming soon, aims to add to PHP by introducing more available in a number of new Function, this success in other cases, more secure. The preparation of your PHP V6.

jhonyblack
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
My bet is that PHP is still as strong for the next decade, and growing even stronger. There are a lot of hype language there, but the hype will eventually cool and people will then go back where they came from. Remember Java? Java Developers C adopted is returned to C ColdFusion died miserably despite the hype it will be a few years ago.

elisajohn
01-28-2011, 05:16 AM
PHP is good in intermediate and Advance Programming. If you know MySQL, you can fairly easily learn other languages database. PHP is a very good language and is used all the time in industry, Corporations like IBM are banking on the growth and maturity of PHP.

alexabrendy
01-28-2011, 07:46 PM
According to Netcraft, most ISPs support from well known Internet companies such as Yahoo uses PHP version to come, is to add PHP to introducing more available in a range of new features this success in other cases more secure. Preparing Your PHP V6.

shanebond789
04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
PHP is the most used server side language and is decidedly not going anywhere soon. PHP is becoming more Object Oriented concerned which is great. I would suggest discovering PHP and ASP .NET.

brodyclay1221
12-17-2011, 02:56 AM
The future of the dynamic sites is looking bright. People are now getting towards the dynamic sites. For this, PHP is part and parcel.

marksmith
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Hello,

Best to learn the fundamentals of OOP and then learn the specifics as they apply to PHP. There are lots of hyped up languages out there, but the hype will eventually cool off and people will then go back to where they come from. Remember Java.

Thanks,

manchester united shirt (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)
liverpool shirt (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)
jersey (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)

marksmith
02-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Hello,

Python would probably be the best first programming language to learn. It's the easiest and the only beginner learn-able language that is used by professionals (e.g. Walt Disney Imagineers). Since it is a high-level programming language, the syntax is not confusing, and probably is comparable to C++ in our fast computer age. Python can be looked at as a sort of stepping stone, once you master Python, mastering C/C++, Perl, PHP, Java, etc., will become much easier. And also, with Python, you can code at lightning speed. Though if you are looking for a fast language, C++ would be a good option, since C is rather low-level and not far from machine code while C++ is mid-level. If you are doing web development, PHP and Java would be good. Of course, the best first language depends on everyone and how they learn, but my recommendation, Python, easy and used by professionals.

Thanks,

manchester united shirt (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)
liverpool shirt (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)
jersey (http://www.9footballshirt.com/)

Taylorross
04-10-2012, 04:05 AM
PHP is a very good language and it is commonly used nowadays. But you need to make yourself familiar with as many languages as possible so that you should be able to tell the pros and cons of every language and the best language to use under a certain scenario.

two and half men cast (http://www.ranker.com/list/full-cast-of-two-and-a-half-men-cast-list-for-the-show-two-and-a-half-men/reference)

Danish01
08-10-2012, 02:41 AM
I think PHP future very is secure.............

Wordpress website Development (http://www.strikeoneads.com/wordpress-development.html) l Web Design and Development Company (http://www.strikeoneads.com/)

martinfranker
08-01-2013, 03:17 AM
I think the great future of PHP because it is day by day implementing and make new update features as client and developer requirement to easy and create powerful websites.

RoseHosting.com
11-16-2013, 08:39 AM
With frameworks like Symfony and Laravel, the future of PHP is bright and promising.